Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BOZEMAN'S CONTROBUTION TO NATIONAL TENANT'S ACTION

Congressman Denny Rehberg was to attend a function at the Bozeman Chamber of Commerce today at 11 am.  I Understand that attendance was by invitation only.  My plan earlier in the day to have an opportunity to speak directly to the Congressman had been foiled, and I was not about to let another go by that was still within reach.

I quickly wrote my "Don't Feed Us To The Wolves" and "1,200 Montana Families Face Eviction," signs and headed down the road to the Chamber a little over ten miles away.

When I got there, I parked about four blocks away.  I walked with my signs battling the wind, setting the bright, neon-green 1,200 Montana sign was strategically balanced against the stop light, I unrolled the bright, neon-orange poster stating, "DON'T FEED US TO THE WOLVES - - FULL FUNDING FOR HUD", sign and proceeded to march up and down the snow covered shoulder in 20 something degree weather, for the next two hours.
The green sign requested that people call Congressman Rehberg's 1-888-232-2626 number and request full funding for HUD.
I don't know, nor will I ever know if I made any kind of impact.  I do know though, when I lay my read down tonight, under my Home Choice Voucher rented roof, I will know I tried one more day to save the home I now live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting. Once our Moderators have read your comment for quality assurance, we will post it. Have fun!